Sunday, February 28, 2010

Toms and Peps Update

We went on an impromptu vacation to California this past week. While we were gone, my friend, the Garden Guru, babysat all 168 of my tomato and pepper seedlings. I don't know who was more insane; myself, for asking such a seemingly ridiculous request, or her, for her willingness to actually allow me to transport my lighted shelves and plants over to her home for her to take care of for the week. She obviously understood my deep desire to take care of my other babies (it was a huge sacrifice, going to Disneyland and the beach) and the dilemma I created when I decided to start such a silly project....glad I know such an awesome lady. I am happy to say that, between her great care and the fact that my seeds seemed to be quite viable this year, most of my babies are still alive and doing very well....

Now that most of them have their "true" leaves and seem pretty green, I'm moving them off of the light shelves and into the sunshine in the kitchen bay window...


And hopefully they will continue to grow well for the next couple of months...


I love the fact that they are kind of fuzzy...and that when I brush my fingers along their leaves, producing that wonderful smell of tomato plants, I am swept away to summertime...and the fact that I am going to be eating some yummy tomatoes in a few months time...

so worth all of this effort.


~.~ the purple sprout

No comments:

Post a Comment